THURSDAY, APRIL 20, 2017 8:00am – 4:00pm
REGISTER @ ALL ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
2017-18 KINDERGARTENERS SHOULD ATTEND REGISTRATION WITH PARENTS
WHEN CAN CHILDREN BEGIN KINDERGARTEN?
- according to Virginia law, a child must be five years old on or before September 30 of the upcoming school year to enroll in Kindergarten
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ENROLL MY CHILD IN KINDERGARTEN?
- a certified birth certificate for the child
- a completed School Entrance Health Form (obtain a form at your school or visit http://www.doe.virginia.gov/support/health_medical/school_entrance_form/school_entrance_form.pdf) proof of residency (see back for details)
WHAT GCPS PRESCHOOL PROGRAMS ARE AVAILABLE TO MY CHILD?
- GCPS offers preschool programs at each of its three elementary schools
- all programs are full-day programs and offer free transportation
- eligibility criteria vary among programs
- for more information, please call our Office of Exceptional Education at (804) 556-5615
WHAT IMMUNIZATIONS DOES MY CHILD NEED TO HAVE?
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP or DTP)
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Polio vaccine
- Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine
for information on required doses for immunizations, see the School Entrance Health form