Join us on March 2, 2019 at the Goochland Recreation Center for an event organized by the Goochland Minority Student Achievement Advisory Committee in coordination with GCPS and the Goochland Minister’s Conference of Goochland & Vicinity.
Would you like to read more on today’s topics?
- Bullying Prevention: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/support/prevention/bullying/index.shtml
- Books to Help Kids Understand the Fight for Racial Equality: https://www.readbrightly.com
- Endless links from National Association of School Psychologists: http://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources/diversity/social-justice
- Excellent reading from the National Education Association: http://www.nea.org Search Unite Against Hate!
- Understanding the VDOE Annual Report for Discipline, Crime, and Violence: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/info_management/data_collection/support/school_safety/index.shtml
- Bullying and Harassment of Students with Disabilities: https://www.pacer.org/bullying/resources/students-with-disabilities/
- Ten Signs Your Child May be Getting Bullied: https://www.allprodad.com/10-signs-your-child-might-be-getting-bullied/
- Cyberbullying: https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/cyberbullying.html
- Principal Kafele: Videos and writings include topics on equity, Black History, teaching and school leadership. http://www.principalkafele.com/
- Ty Howard-inspirational speaker: http://www.tyhoward.com/article/Take-The-Ty-Howard-You-Were-Born-to-Be-Great-Anti-Bullying-Pledge