The Division’s retirement plan is administered by the Virginia Retirement System (VRS). Eligible employees are enrolled in a VRS plan based on criteria developed and administered by VRS. Eligible employees are required to contribute 5% of their pay to VRS, while the division covers the remaining 95%. Specific plan and benefit information can be found on the VRS website.
All VRS eligible employees also receive free basic term life insurance worth 2x the amount of their annual salary. Employees are also able to purchase additional life insurance for themselves and their dependents through the Minnesota Life Optional Life Insurance Plan. Rates, enrollment information and other specific optional life insurance information may be found here.