Recognizing a Positive Impact
We recognize that our school community is serious about living, working and leading in alignment with the five Core Values expressed in the School Board’s Strategic Plan. He wanted a symbol to demonstrate the commitment to the values of Excellence, Creativity, Courage, Honor and Optimism. The ECCHO Award was born.
Exhibiting evidence of these values while presenting a positive impact on those around them was recognized by our school board with the first presentation of an ECCHO Award to seven employees. The nomination specifically highlighted these individuals’ display of Excellence and Honor.
- Tim Greenway, Technology Teacher, Goochland High School
- Michael Verrastro, Carpentry & Heavy Construction Teacher, Goochland Tech
- Kenny Bouwens, Technology Teacher, Goochland High School
- Zach Herbert, Technology Teacher, Goochland Middle School
- Daniel Allen, Agriculture Teacher, Goochland Tech
- Staff Sgt. Dan Strong, JROTC Instructor, Goochland High School
- Major Mike Petruzziello, JROTC Instructor, Goochland High School
ECCHO Awards continued to be awarded throughout this past year. The following employees sought opportunities to have a positive impact on those around them and were nominated by those who took notice of this type of leadership in action and pursuit of our vision.
- Dianne Nikki Harris, Head Custodian, Randolph Elementary School
- Crissi Flippen, Instructional Assistant, Byrd Elementary School
- James Neufer, Teacher of Mathematics, Goochland Middle School
- Barry Smith, Teacher of Mathematics, Goochland High School
- Priscilla Garrant, Custodian, Goochland Elementary School
- Sonny Turner, Maintenance Supervisor, Division Level
- Sally Hodges, Instructional Assistant, Goochland Elementary School
- Connie Brice, Custodian, Byrd Elementary School
- Jaime Sprouse, Teacher of English for Speakers of Other Languages, Randolph Elementary School
- Ann Rohrer, Teacher of Art, Goochland Middle School
- Jacob Webb, Student, Goochland High School
- Bill Lyon, Custodial Supervisor, Division Level
- Kim Watts, Music Teacher, Byrd and Goochland Elementary Schools
- Diane Rigsby, Secretary, Goochland Elementary School
- Kari Shannonhouse, Teacher of Special Education, Randolph Elementary School
- Erin Brooks, Teacher of English, Goochland Middle School
- Carla Fleming, Guidance Secretary, Goochland High School
- Elsie Harris, Cafeteria Manager, Division Level
Congratulations to these employees who are giving hands and feet to our mission and vision!
Nominations Are Always Open
Community members, teachers, administrators, and staff can all nominate someone for an ECCHO Award. Nominate someone today!