The school board approved the 2014-2020 Strategic Plan on December 10, 2013 centered around three goals, focusing efforts around preparing students for life through deeper learning, improving school climate, and maintaining safe schools with effective management. You can access multiple versions of the strategic plan:
- Executive Summary (PDF),
- Full Plan with each objective and strategy (PDF),
- Presentation to Board on December 10, 2013 (YouTube video)
- GCPS Strategic Commercial
- Strategic Plan in Apple iBooks Format (iOS only)
Inspiring and preparing the next generation to make a positive impact
To maximize the potential of every learner
- Goal 1: To maximize each student’s academic potential through engaging experiences and deeper learning, preparing our students for the challenges of learning and working in the modern global economy
- Goal 2: To improve the climate of our organization and create opportunities for meaningful stakeholder engagement
- Goal 3: To maximize resources for instruction by providing safe, efficient, and transparent operations for all stakeholders while effectively managing our facilities and programs
The superintendent will report annually to the board with a tactical plan outlining specific measures taken each year to address how division staff will implement individual strategies. In addition, a biannual report will be given to the board that measures our progress on the plan in the form of a strategic plan scorecard.
The superintendent’s staff will work, beginning in January, 2014, on drafting both the tactical plan and the scorecard.
Access the posters that have been deployed across our schools and classrooms to communicate our strategic plan.