Goochland County Public Schools are located in central Virginia, mid-way between Charlottesville to our west and Richmond to the east. Our vision is inspiring and preparing the next generation to make a positive impact. Our mission is to maximize the potential of every learner. Our school board chairperson is John D. Wright. We serve just over 2500 students in a preK-12 program dedicated to academic excellence and career preparation needs for all students.
Superintendent Jeremy Raley invites you to learn more about our school division through our website. If you are a parent of a student in grades 3-12, we invite you to join us within our Schoology learning management system and to connect with student grades and attendance using PowerSchool. Teachers this year will be using Schoology for blended learning, blogging, and to share curricular content. Students in grades 3-12 use Schoology to support blended learning.
Statement about Harassment
According to policy GBA/JFHA, the Goochland County Public Schools prohibits sexual harassment and harassment based on sex, gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Any student or school personnel who believes he or she has been the victim of or has witnessed sexual harassment or harassment by a student, school personnel, or a third party should report the alleged incident to one of the compliance officers or to any school personnel.
The following persons have been designated as the contact regarding compliance issues associated with this sexual harassment and harassment policy:
- Mr. Andy Armstrong,
Executive Director of Business Operations – (804) 556-5605,
- Ms. Raye Rector,
Coordinator of Gifted Education & Federal Programs – (804) 556-5610.
Goochland Recognized for 1:1 Initiative
November, 2017: Goochland is proud of its journey thus far with 1:1 computing which started in 2013 at Goochland Elementary School. We now have four schools designated as Apple Distinguished Schools for 2017-2019. Byrd, Goochland, and Randolph Elementary schools were awarded this designation in addition to Goochland Middle School.
The Apple Distinguished Schools program recognizes excellent education programs focused on leadership, innovation, and observable results for students.
Learn more about our approach towards innovative instruction with 1:1 technology.
Learn what the buzz is about…
- Goochland Middle School Principal Jennifer Rucker Promoted to Coordinator of Professional Development in Chesterfield County Public Schools October 10, 2018
- GCPS Celebrates Farm to Table and National School Lunch Weeks in October October 1, 2018
- All Goochland County Public Schools Accredited Under the Revised VDOE Accreditation Standards September 28, 2018
- GCPS Projected to be 100% Accredited Based on VDOE Release of 2018 State Testing Data August 22, 2018
- Goochland County Public Schools Awarded the VDOE Distinguished Achievement Award June 28, 2018
- GCPS Hosts Summer Meals and Enrichment at BES for all County Children June 22, 2018
- Mr. Vernon Fleming Appointed Interim District 3 School Board Representative June 1, 2018
- Distinguished Guests, Families, and Staff Gather to Recognize Goochland CTE and Military Signees May 30, 2018
Maximizing Their Potential
Our strategic plan outlines the mission, vision, core values, and a set of three bold goals that guide our work with students and our community on a daily basis.Learn More About our Strategic Plan