Goochland is Future Ready
Goochland County Public Schools are located in central Virginia, mid-way between Charlottesville to our west and Richmond to the east. Our vision is inspiring and preparing the next generation to make a positive impact. Our mission is to maximize the potential of every learner. Our school board chairman is Mrs. Beth Hardy. We serve just over 2500 students in a preK-12 program dedicated to academic excellence and career preparation needs for all students.
Superintendent Jeremy Raley invites you to learn more about our school division through our website. If you are a parent of a student in grades 3-12, we invite you to join us within our Schoology learning management system and to connect with student grades and attendance using PowerSchool. Teachers this year will be using Schoology for blended learning, blogging, and to share curricular content. Students in grades 3-12 use Schoology to support blended learning.
Statement about Harassment
According to policy GBA/JFHA, the Goochland County Public Schools prohibits sexual harassment and harassment based on sex, gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Any student or school personnel who believes he or she has been the victim of or has witnessed sexual harassment or harassment by a student, school personnel, or a third party should report the alleged incident to one of the compliance officers or to any school personnel.
The following persons have been designated as the contact regarding compliance issues associated with this sexual harassment and harassment policy:
- Mr. Andy Armstrong,
Executive Director of Business Operations – (804) 556-5605,
- Ms. Raye Rector,
Coordinator of Gifted Education & Federal Programs – (804) 556-5610.
Goochland Recognized for 1:1 Initiative
November, 2017: Goochland is proud of its journey thus far with 1:1 computing which started in 2013 at Goochland Elementary School. We now have four schools designated as Apple Distinguished Schools for 2017-2019. Byrd, Goochland, and Randolph Elementary schools were awarded this designation in addition to Goochland Middle School.
The Apple Distinguished Schools program recognizes excellent education programs focused on leadership, innovation, and observable results for students.
Learn more about our approach towards innovative instruction with 1:1 technology.
Learn what the buzz is about…
- Draft Instructional Calendars 2018-2019 through 2020-2021 Jeremy Raley
- JMU to Hold Ed Leadership Informational Meeting for Interested Educators Stephen Geyer
- Approval of Long Term Facility Master Plan Jeremy Raley
- Seeking Feedback on Our Future Budget Needs Jeremy Raley
- Upcoming Meetings Regarding Long Term Facility Planning Jeremy Raley
- Goochland County Public Schools Recognized as a Green School Division December 15, 2017
- Four of Goochland’s Schools Named Apple Distinguished Schools November 13, 2017
- Goochland High Teacher Named NBC12 “Excellence in Education” Winner for November November 7, 2017
- GCPS Director of Finance Earns North American School Finance and Operations Credential October 6, 2017
- Goochland Education Foundation and GCPS Partner to Award 2017 Strategic Innovation Grants October 5, 2017
Maximizing Their Potential
Our strategic plan outlines the mission, vision, core values, and a set of three bold goals that guide our work with students and our community on a daily basis.Learn More About our Strategic Plan